Guidelines for Authors
Anandam Journal of Anundoram Borooah Institute of Language, Art and Culture, Assam is a UGC CARE listed, peer reviewed research journal published annually by Anundoram Borooah Institute of Language, Art and Culture, Assam. Research articles and papers containing the original works of the author are published in the Journal. The main thrust of the journal includes but not limited to the following areas:
1) Indology and Sanskrit Studies
2) Language and Linguistics
3) Folklore and Oral Traditions
4) Music, Art and Culture
5) Literature and Translation
Papers sent for publication should maintain the following specifications
(1) The paper should be written within 5000 words in English
(2) It should be typed in Times New Roman 12-point font with double space with 3 cm margin on all sides in A4 size.
(3) The photographs or drawings should be in jpg format with captions.
(4) The end notes and the references should be in APA style.
(5) An abstract and key words of the paper not exceeding 150 words should be placed at the beginning followed by the paper.
(6) The paper should include a profile of the author in 150 words at the end. The papers should also comprise of a postal address of the author.
(7) For papers containing diacritical marks any special font file, if used, should be sent along with the paper.
(8) The hard copy should be sent to The Director, ABILAC, Rajaduar, North Guwahati, Assam, pin- 781030
All references and bibliographical details should be put in APA format. Please maintain the following conventions for references and citations.
Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (year). Title of book (2nd ed.). Publisher name. DOI
Burgess, R. (2019). Rethinking Global Health: Frameworks of Power. Routledge.
For Journal Articles:
Author, A. A. & Author, B. B. (year). Title: Subtitle.Journal Title, Volume (issue), p#.DOI.
McCauley, S. M., & Christiansen, M. H. (2019). Language Learning as Language Use: A Cross Linguistic Model of Child Language Development. Psychological Review, 126 (1), 1 15. https://doi.org/10.1037/rev0000126
For Chapters/ Articles etc. in Edited Books
Author (Last name followed by first and separated by coma), (Year of Publication). Name of the Chapter/ Article, Name of the editor(s) (Eds.), Name of the Book, Pages, Press, place and country.
Cahill, M. (2014). Non Linguistic Factors in Orthogaphies. In M. Cahill, & K. Rice (Eds.), Developing Orthographies for Unwritten Languages (pp. 9-25). Dallas, USA.
For Materials Retrieved from Websites
Pytlyk, C. (2011). Shared Orthography: Do Shared Written Symbols Influence the Perception of L2 Sounds? The Modern Language Journal, 95(4), 541-557. Retrieved from https://www.jstor.org/stable/41413379
For in text citation the journal follows author date citation system.
For example: (Karas, 2020)
HEADINGS AND SUB HEADINGS
|TITLE||Center aligned, Bold and Title Case Heading, 16pt font size||THE RITUALS OF THE KARBIS|
|HEADING 1||Flush left, Bold, Title case Heading, 12 pt. font size, Text begins as a new paragraph||INTRODUCTION The Karbis were……..|
|HEADING 2||Flush left, Bold Italic, Title case Heading, 11 pt. font size, Text begins as a new paragraph||DEMOGRAPHY The demography of the Karbis|
All the papers should be checked for plagiarism in Urkund and the report of the same should be sent along with the paper. Papers having more than 10% of plagiarism will not be considered for publication.
Only submissions which are original unpublished work of the author will be considered for publication in the Journal after review. There will be a pre review of the submitted papers by the editorial team. Papers outside the scope of the journal as stated above or as stated in particular Call for Paper, will be rejected immediately after this pre-review process. It will be followed by a peer review of the selected papers. The names of the reviewers will not be disclosed. At the end of the review, papers will be divided into the following categories.
1. Approved for publication : Papers in this category will be published without needing any significant alterations.
2. Requires minor revision : Papers in this category will be published with incorporation of minor changes and suggestions from the review committee.
3. Requires major revision : Papers in this category will have to go through significant changes and modifications. These papers will be published only after incorporating the suggested revision by the review committee or by justifying denial to make the suggested changes by the author, subject to the satisfaction of the review committee.
4. Rejected : These papers will be summarily rejected on the basis of the comments of the review committee.
Submissions of all the papers will have to be done through the paper submission facility posted in our website www.abilac.org. Please click on the ‘Submit your paper’ button under Journal section and you will be directed through the process.
Please note that no papers submitted through other means (emails, WhatsApp or by hand) will be accepted for review.
Authors will be required to deposit a sum of Rs. 500/- as a registration fee (non-refundable) at the time of submitting the paper. Authors whose papers are accepted for publication in the forthcoming volume will be required to make a payment of a subscription fee of Rs. 4000/- only to be submitted before the publication of the Journal. Note that all the submissions of the paper and the payments will have to be done only through ABILAC website at www.abilac.org